Home

Lightsaber doesn't...light?

rit

I find it a bit ... odd that the light saber does not provide ambient light in the dark. Be it an oversight or a 'lets code it in so they HAVE To use the nightvision goggles which in this futuristic world have a 2 minute battery life" (yes, I know its a long time ago in a galaxy far far away but you'd think someone would have come up with better battery technology :ewok:), the lightsaber provides no ambient light in dark situations.

I lit my lightsaber in a pitchblack room in NS_STARPAD and the only thing it did was cast a very light blue glow over the Weequay I had just slain. I would expect the lightsaber to have an additional usefulness as a glowstick in a dark room; physically I would expect that something like that WOULD cast at least a small ring of light around its wielder. Yet mysteriously the only light the lightsaber seems to emit is that around its shaft.

Odd, isn't it?

No its not strange, people seem to think lasers cast alot of light around they're surroundings they don't they go to a point and cast light on that particular point at this point your thinking "what a geek its only a game dude!" and i do understand for a games sake that it should cast light around, but the raven team obviously did a ton of research on the lightsaber and stayed faithful to it, for more info on lightsabers go here:

http://www.synicon.com.au/sw/ls/sabres.htm

No, I guess that's more what I was looking for.

I agree, it shouldn't cast alot of light but I would expect at least a small amount of light around it.

They definitely did their research however. It's also not a subject the movies have really touched upon so it would have been a hard call to put it in without knowing if it was correct or not.

I'm still pissed about the battery life thing though =)

Archived