Home

how do i get the JK2 mouse cursor

[H]Gamer

Welcome to the forums [H]Gamer. I wondered about this too. There should be some way, but I don't have any clue. There are lots of lightsaber cursors to download, none that compare with this one, but if you're interested give me an email.

Well, there are a couple of problems with that solution - for one thing the JK2 cursor looks way too big to be used as a cursor in Windows - at least in Win98, cursor files have to be 32x32 pixels (I dunno about XP/2000/etc.). Also, the cursor in JK2 is animated - even if the file you extracted was the right size, a single .JPG wouldn't be animated so you wouldn't REALLY be getting the same cursor on your computer. Unless there is a series of .JPGs that JK2 uses, in which case yeah I know a way to compile those all into an animated cursor. But there's still the size problem (correct me if I'm wrong on the size?).

I actually thought about this very thing as soon as I ran JK2 for the first time...I've thought about creating my own animated version and trying to match the glow effect, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. I used to make a lot of desktop themes (many SW ones), that's why I'm such a geek on this kind of stuff.

Archived