Home

Nvidia and graphics glitches at texture seems.....sometimes....

GibMonkey

Using windows XP and driver version 28.32 with a Visiontek GeForce4 TI4600 and all graphic settings at their maximum.

On several of the levels (like 2 or 3 levels) I would get yellow pixels on some texture seams, not a big deal, but on the level where you eventually lose gravity I saw a HUGE number of these yellow pixels at seams around the center circular room with the pipes connecting to the middle tower.

I know Raven mentioned driver version 23.xx, I tried this but it doesn't support my card.

So my question is; Is this a normal occurance? Is here a setting for this to make it less noticeable? Is it just with this driver version?

Anyone have any input here?

GibMonkey

Touch the monkey....

Originally posted by GibMonkey

Using windows XP and driver version 28.32 with a Visiontek GeForce4 TI4600 and all graphic settings at their maximum.

On several of the levels (like 2 or 3 levels) I would get yellow pixels on some texture seams, not a big deal, but on the level where you eventually lose gravity I saw a HUGE number of these yellow pixels at seams around the center circular room with the pipes connecting to the middle tower.

I know Raven mentioned driver version 23.xx, I tried this but it doesn't support my card.

So my question is; Is this a normal occurance? Is here a setting for this to make it less noticeable? Is it just with this driver version?

Anyone have any input here?

I have noticed this also with my Geforce 3 Ti200.. I have also noticed that in one level I was able to go halfway through some walls and shoot the enemies on the other side. What part of NH are you from. I am from Southern NH...

GibMonkey

Touch the monkey....

At the Raven announcement forum here, Kenn Hoesktra related the fact that the 28.32 drivers are not fully supported in JK2. They weren't fulled released until the game went gold, and several graphical anomalies were apparent. He said 23.11 detonators are the optimum for this revision

TDS

Read my previous, I know about the recommended 23.11 driver revision but unfortunately it doesn't support my Visiontek GeForce4 TI4600. Hopefully a driver revision will fix this....

Since it doesn't happen that often I'm wondering if it is a level thing or something....

Hrmmm...

GibMonkey

I believe the yellow lines you are reffering to are known in the mapping world as "Sparklies" and they are caused by T junctions in curved surfaces - A mapping no - no . I too have seen them and the only places I have seen them are on areas of the maps where curves and patch meshes are being used.

They are not everywhere, but they're there.

No amount on new drivers will cure that.

Archived