Home

Q's about Mind Trick, Absorb, and Jump

Vertig0

Ok... several questions I've come across while experimenting with this game..

1. Why doesn't a lvl. 3 mind trick affect *everyone* on the map, as the in-game description says? I can't even use it unless I'm targetting someone... Also, how do I know if I'm invisible to someone? Besides them ignoring me, I mean...

2. It says that absorb works on "direct" force attacks... Does this include push/pull? I assume not, but just want to make sure... How about grip? Does it prevent both the damage and the lift?

3. How exactly is falling damage calculated when a player jumps? For instance, let's say I were to fall off of a X feet high ledge and take Y damage. If I were to take a lvl. 3 force jump off of the same ledge and fall X feet, plus the height of the jump, would I still take Y damage? You would figure that a Jedi that can jump that high without taking damage would have some way to cushion a fall...

absorb will cancel out grip and drop you to the floor. of course if they have already moved you over a cliff before you activated it, theres no luck there. also force push (and I'm pretty sure pull) will let you outta a grip also.

fall damage is proprtional to the fall distance. I think the distances are fairly liberal though, since I don't think you'll take damage on a level 3 jump by itself. so a simple drop down of that same distance shouldn't cause any damage either.

Originally posted by Vertig0

Ok... several questions I've come across while experimenting with this game..

1. Why doesn't a lvl. 3 mind trick affect *everyone* on the map, as the in-game description says? I can't even use it unless I'm targetting someone... Also, how do I know if I'm invisible to someone? Besides them ignoring me, I mean...

The only people I couldnt use a level 3 mindtrick on (not that I even tried though) was other jedi. After I acquired level 3 mindtrick, I basically had all the 'bad guys' fighting each other until it was down to 1, who I then proceeded to kill quite easily. This works great on the Yavin Final stage. All those laser-cannons and missle-launching troopers.. Its pretty funny to see them attacking each other.

By the way, you will know who is being mindtricked by putting your crosshair over them. If its red, UH OH! If its green, forgetaboutit! :)

Archived