Home

Special Moves Question: the misterious side butterfly "kick"

DarthFreak

It's a combination of FWD+BACK+either LFT or RHT STRAFF+JUMP. I'ld set up a local server, duel, limit to 2 people & 10 kills and screw around trying different combos. Then add a bot to practice the sword swings. Seems everyone tries to practice while they're playing multiplayer and that's good for some things, but not for the basics.

:fett:

Well as much as I would love to do this I still dont see anyone actualy doing this, I dont want to call anyone a liar Logo but in all the MP games I have played... messing with bots.... making my own duels in SP and playing through the whole game twice, I still dont think we can. In your post you said "FWD+BACK+either LFT or RHT STRAFF+JUMP" you cant do FWD+BACK at the same time, they cancel each other out. I even tried bind things like "+forward;+moveleft;+moveup;wait;-moveup;-moveleft" to a key to make sure I did them all at the same time, still nothing. Tried doing things in a sequence of motions, still dont see anything other than a roll in the air when strafe jumping, no cartwheels or special kicks. I am still skeptical that we can do this and not just the bots.

Well i think he means the sideways dive the the player has instead of the cartwheel that the NPC's can do. bascialyl it takes a bit of practice but you press jump and strafe at the same time. Then quickly release strafe and keep holding jump. This can be done both directions and make you sorta leap sideways as if you're doing a HKBO kinda dive.

Just a side note when trying to figure out new moves. It seems like sometimes different animations will play for the same exact moves if there's an opponent near by, as opposed to say if you're standing in the pit by yourself trying to figure out some of this stuff.

Best way to do this would be to probably get a buddy on line and just start goofing around.

Archived