Home

Lightsaber Colors - Adding New Ones

Jaxy

ok im ganna put my 2 cents in

ive been racking my brain trying to change the blur color. Ive tried going as far as editing the shader file using q3ase but when you edit the shader in any way at all it takes away the blur.

SO.....you can just take away the blur and have a custom light saber but you will get error messages on your screen every time you swing it and you wont have a blur.

Im pretty sure that in order to change or add colors you have to edit the origional pk3 file but when you do that it will not let you play because the pk3 file has been changed.

If any of this has been covered in this topic then im sorry to be repeating it. :p

so far all ive been able to do is just get rid of the blur or have a different colored blur...im sure some crazy haxor is cooking up something right now to change this all anyways...(i hope)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, I know this sounds weird but I deleted the Yellow.Tiff file and one of the saber effects was lost but it did help make my customs sabers look better. try and just get rid of the file. I currently am working on a Dark Saber Mod. That changes the GLOW effects to give them a more gothic appeal. I found if you use grayscale values around 50% you can almost counter the black transanency problem.

Now I am looking for the file that makes the color range black transparent, If we alter this and change the value of white to transparent and black to opaque my problem is fixed. As far as the problem of getting a normal effect when you swing your saber, white saber=white effect. Try and delete the Tiff file, I don't know what it does? The two effects also overlap themselves in different swings.

AlphaBot:

You don't need to add the files to the original pk3, just create a new one and put it in the \Gamedata\base directory

Nilock:

The file that controls the blending (and thus the inability to use black) is in the pk3 under /shaders/sabers.shader

The format of the file is the same as quake 3 uses, so look up info on that if you need help. JK2 seems to have a couple new features, but nothing seems to be removed from quake 3.

Archived