Home

.glm files into GMAX

aazell

Hi All

Being the impatient little bugger I am I've been attempting to open the .glm model files in JK2 in GMAX but without success. Does anyone know if theres a maxscript for this purpose? I havn't seen .glm model files used before. Are they even model files. I think they are Open GL models but I'm not sure. For all I know it could be some kind of half assed ZIP.

Also has anyone started modeling a duel level for the end of episode 1. I'm sure somone has and that it'll be massive. Just as a hint a nice combination of textures from Bespin and the Death Star FFA environments would work well for the Naboo palace ending. I give it 3 weeks before somone comes up with a decent recreation.

From the research I've done the glm and gla file formats are proprietary formats that Raven uses, part of the GHOUL2 system. The glm file is a model file and the gla file is for animation. The Soldier of Fortune 2 viewer reads the files but obviously you can't modify them. I may start trying to hack out the file format, but I don't know how long it will take.

Currently I just want to hack body parts from one model, and put them on another, and add new heads to existing models so that characters like Plo Koon, Ki Ad Mundi, and other alien creatures can be skinned in traditional Jedi robes.

Right now I'm going to just use the reborn model and the standard jedi models to skin with *sigh* :)

Archived