Home

Setting up GTKRadiant for JO

UniKorn

First of all, with this method you won't be able to view your level in JK2 yet

This is just a method to set the textures right, so that you can map using gtkradiant and view your map in quake3 or elite force. DO NOT distribute your map for Quake 3 as the textures are copyright of Raven/LEC.

Copy the assets0.pk3 and the assets1.pk3 in your baseq3 directory.

Open the scripts subdirectory and edit the shaderlist.txt file. It should look like this :

common

gfx

bespin

cinematics

decals

doomgiver

effects

explosions

flares

fogs

gfx

gfx2

imperial

items

marks

metashader

models

mp

nar_shaddaa

players

sabers

scavenger

skies

sprites

system

test

test_crawl

ui

yavin

zoom

Now open the assets0.pk3 file (with winzip) and extract the .shader files located in the /shader subfolder to your baseq3/scripts directory.

Now load gtkradiant and you should get all the textures, including the shaders :)

Have fun!

UniKorn

Mapper 4 Wired Lamp Studios

http://www.wiredlampstudios.com

Not all the textures seem to work... in particular, imperial and nar_shaddaa don't work (not counting obviousely useless ones in mapping terms like 'sabers', 'players', 'ui'... etc)

I would really like nar_shaddaa and imperial to work tho, any idea what the problem is... do they work for you guys? I get:

Loaded 0 shaders and created default shader for 0 orphan textures.

when trying to load nar_shaddaa just for example.

For some reason, there are no shader files for some of the texture sets (Cairn and Hoth for instance). In order to access the textures that have no shader file, you'll have to make your own.

I made a file called cairn.shader and added cairn to the shaderlist.txt file. The cairn texture set is now available in the editor. I am using EFRadiant, BTW. You can use the same technique to access the textures for Hoth and the other "shaderless" texture set.

It depends on which version of EFRadiant I using if I recall this right. If you are using the first version you should upgrade. It contains a bug that doesn't allow it to load a directory if there are only tga's in it. Or jpg's don't know for sure.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived