Home

MP Creating or Joining and Anisotropic Filter

jasho

Everytime I try to play a multiplayer game (either creatiing a server or joining a server), I get the following error and my game crashes back the the main menu:

Error: CL_ParsePacketEntities: end of error

Does anyone else know what this means or have this problem? I am currently usiing nVidia Detonator 28.32 drivers. I know that Raven exclusively states that the 23.11 drivers are the ones to use for this game, but some of my other games will not run with the older versions of Detonator (which is why I had to upgrade it). Any help or information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

P.S. Does anyone know what anisotropic filter is in the setup

-> more options menu? When I have this on, JO crashes to the desktop with a program error. If I turn it off, it works fine (at least for 30 mins which is as long as I had time to test it). Thanks!

System Specs:

Windows 2000 SP2

AMD 1Ghz

1.2Gb RAM

ASUS A7V Motherboard

ASUS v8200 GeForce3 Ti500

Creative Soundblaster Audigy Gamer

Error: CL_ParsePacketEntities: end of error

most people that are getting this have patched their executables with the old nocd patch.

i hear there's a new one that doesn't give any errors, or you could just find your cd and use the original executables.

and about anisotrophic filtering, here's a bit from tweak3d.net:

Anisotrophic Filtering - Alright so you got texturing and the bit, and what all that does for you. But what doesn't it? Well basically what anisotrophic filtering does. Other texture filtering techniques cause an object to become too smooth or blurred which is sometimes unpleasing to the eye. Anisotrophic filtering, however, filters (or blends) a certain texture three dimensionally. Instead of just averaging a central pixel's color and those pixels around it forming a square, anisotrophy averages a pixel and the pixels around it forming the original shape, which may not necessarily be a square, yet a random polygon. All this improvement over trilinear filtering comes at a pretty hefty price though, that being the entire process is very slow. On a more interesting, and less technical note, the Riva TNT was one of the first 3D accelerators to be able to do this.

and here's a really, really detailed article (with screenies) about it:

http://www.nvnews.net/previews/geforce3/anisotropic.shtml

-if i recall correctly Tribes 2 also had anisotropic filtering as an option.

Archived