Home

Keyboard or gamepad

Goodthrust

Keyboard. When you're used to gamepads, they will seem like God's gift to videogames, but as soon as you touch an FPS or anything like, the keyboard has always reigned, and still does.

For starters, you need (not want, not desire, not prefer, NEED) the mouse to aim properly and effectively. Next, the keyboard is need for so many buttons. Map your movement arrows into the main key section, not the keypad or the arrow keys. This will take getting used to (a lot of getting used to if you've never doen it before), but will be worth it. I personally use ESDF (translation= E is forward; S is strafe left; D is backwards; F is strafe right) instead of WASD like many just so I have some extra keys on the left side. I also map all the Force powers I use often to the keys surrounding that area, and then play away to get used to it (try creating a server and playing alone or with bots to get a better feel). I use my mouse 1 as Primary Attack, mouse 2 as Secondary, mouse 3 as change saber stance, and the mouse wheel for extra Force powers (so I can also use the ones I don't have mapped around my movement keys). Space for jump, and whatever you feel nessecary for crouch (I use left shift). The number keys are unwieldy, but still close for choosing weapons, or you may want to use the mouse wheel (if you have one) for weapon selection instead. Just make sure you don't forget that "1" key for easy access saber.

Archived