Home

JKII Sadness

silk_p

NOTE - I do like the game, I just feel that it doesn't feel like JK1 and that to me seems a shame.

So, IMHO........read on...........

OK, I was really looking forward to this game the original Jedi Knight was and still is one of my favorite games. But wait what happened, they seemed to have taken all of the fun stuff out!

The level design is just bland. In JK1 the levels felt real and navigating them seemed normal. JK2's levels feel contrived, "we'll put this here because it's difficult to get to and that will throw them off for a while", I find them boring. What happened to the vertigo inducing drops and the agoraphobic expanses? Claustrophobic tunnels are fine but are over used.

The sound is good, it sounds like Star Wars, the graphics are good, but the volumetric shadows are a real problem and some other glitches really bring it down a bit.

But the gameplay, what happened?! The weapons all feel wimpy there are far too much of the same set pieces on the levels and it never really seems like the weapons are hitting the mark.

Oh well, maybe a patch/expansion will make things better. The multiplayer is really good but does seem a little repetitive Q3/UT it is not.

the levels in JK1 were literally bland and empty, very little detail, very few "things" laying about

in JK2 they are true to the Star Wars setup

and the mappers did a very nice job on putting things where one should expect them to be in a RL style situation, not where everyone wants them to be. guns on racks and not laying behind a barrel, same with med kits and such. the Keys are in imperials arm pocket (its neat cause it is literally there untill u take it) and so on.

Saber battling is much much better, and kyle doesn't block only 1 out of 10 shots at him like in JK1.

another mapping think is, since the gfx are so intense already large maps like JK1 would literally kill a persons system, thats why the swamp level causes EXTREME lag on some systems and still kills the FPS on others.

if you haven't gotten there yet, you'll see what i mean when you do.

but the maps are very realistic, and have a vary starwars feel, unlike the wide open emptyness of JK1's levels.

I agree, Jedi Knight 1 (Dark Forces 2) Was the ultimate gameplay fun, just the maps and everything, http://www.massassi.net has every map for Jedi Knight 1(DF2), THe Best Map I have ever played for Jedi Knight 1 DF2 Has To Be CAESARS PALACE Or The Tatooine Pack I Think, it has those maps like when you fall in the pit there was a krayte dragon, we need some krate dragons in jedi Knight Outcast, AND! We need those Sandtrooper guys on top of those Lizard things lol. We need more Outside Open maps with sand and STUFF, and especially a NEW BFP SKIN PACK!

BIG FLUFFY PACK OWNS ALL!

Archived