Home

Is the blaster missing at close range a bug?

MobstrLobstr

I am finishing up the second SP level and it's obvious that my blaster shots are missing at close range. You can even put the barrel on some guys chest and alt-fire a dozen shots and sometimes he will take you out before you get him. Was this intentional or is it a bug? I'm playing on 3 of 4 difficulty. It's so bad I'm thinking of using a cheat and just skipping the blaster alltogether. In all other respects I love JK2, but this blaster problem just feels too wierd.

I was talking about up close alt-fire spraying. The blaster is accurate enough to shoot at medium range, and if the they stand still, a couple of shots takes them down. I wouldn't care, if there was another weapon you could use early on, but the bryar pistol and crossbow are too slow. Up close your only choice is the blaster, and it's shooting blanks.

Yeah, I noticed this too.. I have played up to the Artus mines so far since I've been playing MP like crazy, but when you get a bunch of troopers in a fairly confined space you'd think the blaster's alt fire would still have a better hit ratio but it just plain sucks.. I have started just using the primary fire and try aiming a bit better.. that's kind tough when you're strafing to avoid fire.. using thermal dets is pretty good but they a pretty small blast radius compared to what it should be..

Archived