Home

Setting up a Multiplayer Duel Game??

Daxonn

Ok, me and my bud want to setup a multiplayer duel game for us to join and practice on eachother. I've tried creating a server and setting the max people to 2 and having the dedicated option as NO. I can get in the game fine but my buddy can't find my server so cant connect. What are we doing wrong? I figured if i set a password and told him the name of the server that he could just find me under the server browser, but my server doesnt list. Do i have to make it public somehow? He's tried Getting a new list and not just refreshing and i'm still not there. We've also had him try connecting to my server directly by IP through the console command but that didnt work either.

Anyone know what we're doing wrong??? i know there must be a way for 2 people to join a duel game together and since we both have broadband it shouldn't be too much of a problem even though it's not dedicated.

Please help!

Thanks!

If you are in win98 hit the start button and hit R when the run command comes up type winipcfg and pay close attention to the IP Address. This is the number you want to give to your buddy to type it in manualy to connect to you. Do you have cable or Dsl? I hope you arent on dial up.

*edit* ok ignore what I just said up there, lol, *beats heads* *must remember to read the post all the way through* sorry, didnt get your whole post for some stupid reason. There should be a default port for JK2, anyone remember what it is? It goes after the IP address after :

like :8800 or something

I had a problem finding servers as well at the start... then I suddenly realized that for some reason, the server list is being pulled from the LAN by default. Get him to look for an option that says something about that (it's in the 'Join Server' screen) and change it to internet... this might be his problem.

Archived