Home

Where do I start?

Womprat

Let me get this straight, we can't start mapping for sure yet, cos Raven haven't released their mapping tools yet?

Or can we use Q3Radiant and just change the settings?

Unfortunately i'm pretty much a newbie to mapping, only done a bit with WC3 on Half-Life.

Should I wait for Raven to release their stuff or should I get cracking with Q3Radiant?

I been asking the same questions, but they all say to learn radiant. They all say the map editor is going to be radiant based but they don't know that for sure. I say just wait for the tools to come out before you learn anything.

The editor WILL be GKTRadiant based.

get used to it - you'll love it.

I'm sure someone will try and port it to Quark, if you're dead set against Radiant - but unless you already know Quark, you might as well learn Radiant. I've used the ORIGINAL worldcraft back in the Quake1 days, the original version of Quark, back in the Quake1 days, the Half-life Version of WorldCraft, QERadiant, Q3radiant and GKTRadiant - and the latter is far and away the most advanced, hard to learn, but best suited for making professional level designs. Hands down.

I'm certain that you could convert the pk3's to wads and drop em in your half life folder if you HAVE to use WC. You could then take the .map file and send it to radiant so you could add all the ents and what not....of course, you'll end up with a map that looks like it was made in WC though.

remember kids, 90 degree angles - bad.

Curves and patch meshes - good.

Archived