Home

Can KYLE be replaced in SP?

Alfred

well, you could probably get into the assests files and change some of the coding, but all conversations and mental notes (like; "this doors locked" or "looks like an Imperial code") would all be 'Kyle's' vocie.

It's easy.

1. Open the assets0.pk3 file and extract the models\player\kyle folder and the folder for the character you want to use instead of kyle.

2. Now, go to the kyle folder that you just extracted and delete everything in it.

3. Open the other folder you extracted(whoever you want to be instead of kyle) and copy everything in it to the kyle folder you emptied out.

4. Keep the kyle folder, but delete the other folder.

5. Create a new .pk3 file containing the models\player\kyle folder you have been messing with. WinRAR is the best program for this. Make sure the path is kept, so that when you open the .pk3 you made it should have the models\player\kyle path.

6. Name this .pk3 something that does not start with an 'A'. This is because .pk3 files are loaded in alphabetical order, with the latest loaded taking precedence, so if you named it albert.pk3, it would not work because assets0.pk3 would be loaded after it and would overwrite the changes you made.

7. Copy your .pk3 file to the gamedata\base folder.

8. Run the game and enjoy!

Note: The voice will still be the same as regular SP, so this will be rather strange if you replace kyle with a female. Also, if you want to use a skin other than the default you will have to rename the skin file you want to use(for example model_default_darth_maul.skin) to model_default.skin(make sure to rename or delete the original model_default.skin first). And while you are in the game, bring down the console(shift + ~) and type sabercolor <color> where <color> is the color you want(red, yellow, orange, blue, green, or purple).

Enjoy!

Well, I'm afraid that's beyond my humble (read--non-existent) editing abilities. Could I impose on you to make the changes and e-mail me the files please? I'd love to play as Mara Jade, but Jan will do since they don't have a Mara in the game to use. Please let me know. You can e-mail me at alterego@rogers.com

Can someone please explain to me HOW does one extract the folders for the characters??? I opened the file in Winzip but I get LOTS of INDIVIDUAL files but NO FOLDERS! Please help, and don't be afraid to over-explain, I have not a clue.

Thanks in advance.

same problem here alfred, i can't even see any of the character's models can you i can only find like atst.md3 and crate.md3 and tree.md3 and stuff like that but no characters i don't think i can view the other folders

1) Open up assets0.pk3 in Winzip

2) Click on the top of the far right hand side column - this will list the files by their extract path...

3) Look down that column. All the models are under the path

\models\players\MODELNAME

Where modelname is the name of the model. (duh).

eg:

\models\players\Luke

All the files with that dir are obviously part of the Luke model.

Enjoy.

nevaer mind i got winrar now and it's has all the folders so it's cool now. but also whoever wanted to change kyles player model , in addition to what that one dude somewhere above said, it's also realy really easy to change the video model that you see in cutscenes. ok you can even do this in winzip, just 1.open assets0.pk3(if you need path/folder it's ext_data)

2.go to npcs.cfg and open it

3. then under kyle where it says "model kyle" replace kyle with whatever model(ex. rodain) you changed the gameplay character to. and you can also change the color of the model's lightsaber if that npc has one so if in the gameplay character you picked you wanted a green lightsaber change the blue to green, it is the most simple thing in the world and i don't edit at all, well i like to play around wiht stuff like this but i don't code or anything.

are the model files md3 or gla or what? cause there is no md3's in the players folders

Originally posted by Darth Valinor

5. Create a new .pk3 file containing the models\player\kyle folder you have been messing with. WinRAR is the best program for this. Make sure the path is kept, so that when you open the .pk3 you made it should have the models\player\kyle path.

6. Name this .pk3 something that does not start with an 'A'. This is because .pk3 files are loaded in alphabetical order, with the latest loaded taking precedence, so if you named it albert.pk3, it would not work because assets0.pk3 would be loaded after it and would overwrite the changes you made.

Enjoy! [/b]

OK, I need a bit more help. I got WinRAR but I don't really understand how to do steps 5 & 6. I did try to just copy the Jan files into the Kyle folder, and it DID work, BUT, the lightsaber was glued to the front of her head and was not in her hands and did not move. What am I missing? Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks Pitched Black but i'm still having trouble.

When i right click, choose 'rename' and then add a .pak extension, it still retains it's .ace extension. So i have a file like "Models.pak.ace" which remains a .ace file type for all intensive purposes.

I know this must be hugely simple but please tell me what i'm missing.

Thank you.

Archived