Home

Some shots of my New Republic Pilot skin

Surman

I started working on this last night, I was so pleased with the way its turning out that I thought I post some shots. Remember its a work in progress so there's still some stuff I haven't done yet.

I used and modified many of the existing textures from Raven and added some new stuff.

Hopefully once the editing tools come out some one will make an open faced helmet model. But in the later books the New Republic do fly TIE's.

rpilot.jpg

Once its finished I'll be sending it to http://www.massassi.net

Comments?

looks exactly like my skin except for with a helmet and life support unit ;) ...but actually...considering what you had to do with the helmet...it looks great....keep up the good work! (now if only raven would release the SDK so we could make a proper helmet.......)

yeah they're down down down.....down.....it's called xwing pilot skin...I still think you did good work with the helemt though..I was going to do that but I couldn't figure out how to do the orange eye visors part =/

Heres a screen of the finished model. I also added red and blue versions for CTF and it also has bot support. I also got rid of all the extra pipes and belt bits & pieces that were on the bossk skins.

I've sent it ti the Massassi temple so it should be available for download in a day or two.

BUT, last time i checked, no rebel, old or new republic pilots have helmets like that. Their helmets are open faced with a transparent orange visor

True, but since in later years the New Republic has a few operational TIE squadrons (see the books Solo Command, Isards Revenge and Star fighters of Adumar) the traditional helmet would be useless as TIE's arent pressurised.

Screens\dflt.jpg

Archived