Home

Differences in AI between SP jedis and the bots in MP games.

Samahan

Did anyone notice that, while dueling whith sabers, the Bots in MP games play differently from the Reborns or Jedis on the SP games.

I love the feeling of staring to the opponent and planing strategically wich gonna be my next move, and then action, and then more walking around and planing... As Ben Kenobi vs Darth Vader , or Luke vs Darth Vader in the films...

But in MP games, the bots are always running like crazy... they never stop or walk like the Reborns do on the SP game. For an example, I never did that move with the sabers "arm wrestling" like ... against bots...only did that against the Reborns and Jedis on the SP game.

Is there a way to fix this? Do Jedi Master Bots play in a different stile than the Padawan or Iniciant ones?

Thanks

Well, they ARE very different. The Reborn in the SP game have a specific AI attached to them, while a Reborn in the MP has a completely different AI. This is because they have to do different things.

For one, {bitter} the lightsaber combat in SP is about 5000 times more complex and advanced than that in MP {/bitter}, which means they have to use different tactics, and in MP they have to use guns as well.

Also, standing still in MP is like asking "PLEASE snipe me", so that's why the bots (or most players) don't really do it :)

Same goes for Tavion, Desann and the rest.

Creston

You said it all! A patch for a different AI on the "Sabers Only" games would be perfect.

While this don't happen, I saved a lot of games on SP when metting those reborns and I just play them when I want a REAL saber duel.

Archived