Home

Double edge saber combat system mod

venoxile

We really need a completely new double edge saber combat system. I mean /thedestroyer is just gay, half the time it looks like you're saber's going through your balls. Plus they really need the map where qui gon jinn and darth maul die. That would truely be a great duel map.

There is a level like that on massassi.net but it's for the first JK I dont think it would take TOO much work to get it to work for JK2 although it is very big considering it has the naboo hangers and throne room and stuff like that as well but I guess you could take those out if you just wanted the part where darth and qui gon die...

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Lu-Tze

It would (unfortunately) mean changing the animations for EVERY character you wanted including.

True, but there are exeptions,

I thought that al the animations where the same 4 all characters, and after that the models where placed over it, but I might be confused with something else.

And if not: only Darth Maul would be great too..

By the way, does anyone know a way for a bot to have double edged lightsaber?

Once bad mods are flowing like so much urine, with a few diamonds in the rough, the sdk or enough information about the workings of the game will be relatively common knowledge. The new animations could be programmed as a lightsaber style, like strong etc. It wouldn't matter if they were modelled over.

All that really needs to be done is to modify the _humanoid.gla file. The model files themselves don't need to be changed to support the quarterstaff style. And I may be wrong, but when I was looking through the animations, I thought I saw several quarterstaff moves, so it is entirely possible it was include in the animation files and for whatever reason doesn't link them in with the \THEDESTROYER

I need to verify that however.

I will try to get this information as soon as I can. I wanted to modify the _humanoid.gla file to include a reverse grip saber style, a two saber style, and the maul doublebladed saber style. Not sure about the feasiblity of the two saber style, but I'll see what I can do.

This will become a reality hopefully. I'm working on something...similar to this to be included in our mod, and since we are only keeping maybe 5-10% of the original animations you can expect to see a slew of new moves, and "forms"

Archived