Home

Colour in Multiplayer Names?

Kay Tannee

Hi Kay, there is a super long post giving all kinds of info in another thread somewhere.. here is the info on colors though..

Colored Names

You put "^#" in front of any letters you want to colour(no talking mark things) The # should be replaced for a number from 1-7, each representing a different colour. 2 is green, and 3 is yellow, thats all I know. Remember to add ^7 to the end of your name so that the rest of the text in the game stays normal.

This is my name----^2Shifty_^3Parrot

here are the Numbers, since it's the Q3A engine is the same

1 = red

2 = green

3 = yellow

4 = blue

5 = aqua

6 = purple

7 = white

you can set this up in GameSpy by going into options > game > JK2 > advanced options > and type in "+set name ^4whatever^2your^5name^7is" (no quotes)

I'm not sure what the colors are, but I know how to do it. :)

Before typing in text, press ^ and then a number, and you'll see the colored text you're typin

To do backgrounds, do ^textcolor^bgcolor^textcolor and you can modify the background color also. :)

Download my config... there's a file in the zip called "funname.cfg" that is STRAIGHT out of Q3A that has the 0-7 colors. Get it here

Unfortunately there is some other "doubled up" colors that I saw the other night... haven't figured out how to replicate it. The only one that I saw was a guy named Vampire Hunter. He was doing pretty well on a FFA server but had some SERIOUS packetloss (hard to hit him).

Anyway, it was like, Red on Yellow letters. Looked pretty nice. Wish I would have asked him how he did it.

Anyone know?

Essobie

Archived