Home

How to open jk2config for more RAM?

Wallwalker

There was a thread on jediknightii.net that talked about modifying the gamedata\base\jk2config and setting hunkmegs=something more than the default 64. I can't open this file. I seem to not have a program that will open it. I want to use more RAM because I have 384 available.

Does someone remember how to do this?

Thanks.:lsduel:

From what I've read, doesn't com_hunkmegs only affect the available memory for people running multiplayer servers?

I personally use Notepad to open the .cfg files, but Wordpad should work too. If you're using Win XP, either right click on the .cfg file and choose open, or double-click on it as Ghidora says. Choose "select program from a list" and it'll probably recommend using Notepad. If you want to associate .cfg files with Notepad (or whatever application XP recommends), leave "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file" checked or uncheck it if you don't.

i seem to recall someone from raven on the board here saying that the hunkmeg command doesn't really help in this game. and that a lower setting would give better performance but would cause problems if set too low..

that being said you can do it from the console if you can't get the file open or whatever

the command is

com_hunkmegs x

x being a number

Archived