Home

Cant Find Lan Servers

DUNCANred

I have the same problem that everyone else seems to be having where you can't see servers. The difference with my problem is that its on LAN that i cant see the servers. I can find and join internet servers without any problems at all but when my brother and I try to join each others servers we cant see them.

I have tried adding the ip to favourites and joining like that, but it says awaiting connection and just keeps counting.

PLS HELP

Thanks

BTW, i dont have any firewalls or anything

Don't know if this is much help, but this is what i tried with other games. I don't know how your computers are configured either, and that makes a whole lot of difference too. I know that my problem was always that the other networked computer was set up to use the Server computer as internet access. In other words, the signal was going through the network, into my server computer, through the internet, and then back to my computer. The computers getting a double dose of information, so it tries to deciper what to read, and totaly lags up both computers, and doesn't let any of the network games work

Hmm how are the computers connected? Need more info :)

Our two computers are connected by Intel Anypoint (I wish someone had smacked me and had me buy a router... ahh, the ignorant days :p ) cards. To play each other, we have to disable Intel's software on the server and remove it from the client, and then run NetBEUI on both computers before they can play each other. It's *almost* not worth it.

Originally posted by DUNCANred

I have the same problem that everyone else seems to be having where you can't see servers. The difference with my problem is that its on LAN that i cant see the servers. I can find and join internet servers without any problems at all but when my brother and I try to join each others servers we cant see them.

I have tried adding the ip to favourites and joining like that, but it says awaiting connection and just keeps counting.

PLS HELP

Thanks

BTW, i dont have any firewalls or anything

Firewalls dont matter much for LANs ;)

You need to make sure the cabling and equipment is functioning properly first. Its annoying to spend 2 hours messing around with software when you had a loose RJ45 jack. :)

Second, throw out your topology. That always helps. I can give you instructions for trouble shooting if its a network related problem.

Setup quick servers using other games, and see if either of you can see the other servers. If so, then its probably a bad setting in Jedi Knight II, in which case I'd suggest you run back through your variables and such and check and make sure they are setup properly.

k, basically every other game works over our LAN and none of the comps r configured to be a server on the net or nething.

when we play we are never connected to the internet

I'm pretty sure its a problem within jedi knight 2, but dont know much about the variables and such within the game.

Any further help would be much apreciated and thanks very much to those who have already replied.:D

i am having the same exact problem. Both computers run the game great and i can join internet games, but when one computer on the network (2 home computers) hosts a game it doesnt show up on the join game screen of the other. My setup is basicly 2 ethernet cords going from each computer to a hub. I have played many other games before and the network itself is working just fine. I too beleive that it is a problem within jedi knight

Archived