Home

Singleplayer lightsaber colorcycling script done.

Digital_Ronin

Hi there, I just finished this puny little script that allows the player to choose the color of his lightsaber in JediOutcast SinglePlayer mode.

Yes, it's cheap, but it works.

Did this mainly for the sake of continuity. I mean, at the end of JK1, Kyle took the yellow/orange saber that formerly belonged to Yun after his own, green one was smashed by Boc. He also kept it through the whole JediKnight: MotS campaign.

No idea why he suddenly would carry a blue version now... especially when he claims to 'go get his old saber back'.

Whatever... :)

sabermagic.cfg

Download the file, put it into your JediOutcast/GameData/base directory, enter the game, open the console and type

"exec sabermagic.cfg"

You should now be able to cycle through the colors with the " L " key. Hope you like this.

Digital_Ronin

P.S.: Oh, and just in case someone else came up with something alike, just ignore thi post and move on ;) cya.

I realize that the SaberColor console command is a "code", and cheats must be enabled for it to work. However, there HAS to be a console command to change saber color in multiplayer. If changing the color is as simple as going to the player screen and clicking a button, isn't it feasable that there is a command, a shortcut, to doing it? Anyone have any further information?

Actually I analysed the multiplayer saber color system first, thinking I could transfer it to SP, but it wouldn't work - anyway, in MP, the saber color is stored in an integer variable called

"color1"

Parameters:

1 Orange/Bronze

2 Yellow

3 Green

4 Blue

5 Lilac

6 Red

"set color1 3" into the console for example would make it turn green.

Unfortunately, the SP saber color is independent of that variable, so I had to use the 'devmapall' workaround.

Digital_Ronin

Archived