Home

dumb n00b question about SDK

BacMeth

Ok lets do these in order:

1. Yes, the SDK should be out sometime next week, last I heard.

2. I wouldn't count on the source code being released anytime soon. I think it normally takes them several years before they will release that. I don't think it was too long ago that they finally released the source code for Quake II!

3. I don't know much about creating TC's, but I am assuming so when the SDK is released.

If I'm wrong about anything, someone please feel free to correct me.

Originally posted by OpTiMaL

Ok lets do these in order:

1. Yes, the SDK should be out sometime next week, last I heard.

It's not looking so good anymore. It was supposed to be this week...Raven is no longer giving a date, just saying: "We are waiting on releasing the editing tools until we are certain it will work 100% on the first release. "

2. I wouldn't count on the source code being released anytime soon. I think it normally takes them several years before they will release that. I don't think it was too long ago that they finally released the source code for Quake II!

Not quite right. They will release the MP source code and the scripting language. They will never release all the SP source (or not in anytime that would be feasible to use it) because that is what they bought from ID for around half a million dollars...that and ID would sh*t and sue der asses! hehe

3. I don't know much about creating TC's, but I am assuming so when the SDK is released.

Yup, once the MP source and Scripting is out, we will be able to do a TC for either SP or MP.

- Vorax

Archived