Home

I have a problem with skinning, need help

Tinius

Oookay. I followed the above instructions and created a pk3 file in jk2/gamedats/base called aiee.pk3 (Original, I know. I'm just testing it out). The pk3 archive contains files all located inside the path models\player\shadowtrooper

the pk3 file contains modded jpgs, model_default_aiee.skin, containing references to the new pictures, icon_default_aiee.jpg, model.glm, test.md3, Thumbs.db, sounds.cfg and animsounds.cfg

When I load up the game and go to the player config menu (doesn't matter if it's the one in the setup menu or ingame), I can scroll through icons until I reach the default shadowtrooper icon on the far right. Now, assuming the icons are in alphabetic order, model_default_aiee.skin should appear after model_default.skin, so I hit the next arrow to select my new skin.

At this point, the game crashes, and I am dumped at the MP console with a flashing error message reading

"Requested feature was omitted at compile time"

The last lines of the console read:

--- Common Initialization Complete ---

Winsock Initialized

Opening IP socket: localhost:28070

Hostname: xxx.xxx.dk

IP: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

Working directory: D:\jk2\GameData

----- CL_Shutdown -----

RE_Shutdown( 1 )

Shutting down OpenGL subsystem

...wglMakeCurrent( NULL, NULL ): success

...deleting GL context: success

...releasing DC: success

...destroying window

...resetting display

...shutting down QGL

...unloading OpenGL DLL

-----------------------

Requested feature was omitted at compile time

Now, my question is: What on earth did I do wrong?

now this is the problem aiee was having, i am still having this problem.... anybody able to help me?

The reason for this problem is in 99% of the cases the compression factor of the jpg files. If you change the textures too ofter and save it with JPEG Q90 Progressive mode every time you save the file it's getting a bit less detailed and smaller. So after that it can be possible that JK2 doesn't recognize the file as jpg and then this error accurs.

Solution:

Open a standard texture from the game, copy and paste ypur texture in this file and save it anew. After that it should work.

That's what I did when I had this problem.

Archived