Home

Last time ill look for guidance *sigh*

UseDaAgression

Since i wasnt able to put skins in my base folder with out a error message comming up i tried at my friends computer to see if it was the computer. It wasnt, i tried moving them, unzipping them to it, and extracting but i always got a error message. Can someone tell me the prossess they took in putting it in the base folder???

Ok i am running a test. My first step i always do is which may be a problem is....

1. When it says save or open i click save and i click the drag down bar at the top where it says JEDIOUTCAST (D:) and click on the plus next to it then a GAMEDATA folder comes up then i click the + again and a folder called gamedata comes up then i click the + again and base comes up.

2.So i click save and this error message comes up:

Maul.zip

You do not have permission to save in this directory, See the administator to obtain permission.

3. So then i save in my documents.

4. So i come to open and then winzip comes up and i click agree and the winzip wizard comes up.

5. then it gives me the choices of install or unzip from maul.zip , and update maul.zip or creat a new zip file and i click choice 1.

6. Then it gives me the choice of unzip now to c:/unzipped.maul and i try to chage it by clicking the + on JEDIOUTCAST (:D) then the plus on GAMEDATA then the + on gamedata then i click on base folder and click unzip.

7. Error: access denied comes up and it says it cannot create D:/GAMEDATA/gamedata/base/maul.pk3

8.Then i install it to the default set up by it and the folder comes up with maul PK3 file and readme.

9. Then i goto the Winzip file of it and click extract to D:/GAMEDATA/gamedata/base

10. Then it says Access is denied [file name]

11. As a last futile attempt i try to drag it into there by going in my computer , exploring the CD , then click GAMEDATE, then gamedata, then base.

12. Then it says Cannot copy maul files, Files on this CD are read only. You can still replace files on to this writable CD, which will replace files already on the disk.

Ok so thats how i try to do it, can someone find the flaw!

*sigh* For crying out loud, man, get some thicker skin. You made a bonehead mistake, hey, we all do. And if one of your friends, for example, tries to back out of the garage and puts the car in Drive by mistake, I'd be willing to bet a decent amount of money that you'd poke fun at him for at least a little while.

And the suggestion to reinstall the game to the CD was a JOKE. Unless you have a CD-R drive and a recordable CD, you can't put files onto a CD. And I have to agree with the other posters here, that if you don't have such a basic level of computer knowledge (and I don't say that as an attack; not everyone is a power-user and there's nothing wrong with that), you really shouldn't be messing with game data files.

Archived