Home

Cant get realistic saber to stay on:(

TheHappySavage

In the config file i can change the realistic combat to 1, yet it has no effect once I'm in the game and it resets it in the config to "0". The only way I can get it to work is to enter the cheat code in console (devmapall) to get it to activate.

How can I get realistic combat to be "on" each time I start the game so I don't have to do the console stuff everytime?

Where is it I put the code and what exactly do I type.

I just tried making an autoexec.cfg with these settings:

devmapall

seta devmapall

seta g_saberRealisticCombat "1"

g_saberRealisticCombat "1"

saberRealisticCombat "1"

saberRealisticCombat 1

I was trying all possibilities and it didn`t work:(

Hmm....I didn't even mess with my config file before I started using g_saberrealisticcombat. But when I finally went into it, I noticed that it was already there. It was listed as :

seta g_saberrealisticcomat "1"

So I tried it out. I started the pit map and hacked at a few Jedi without any codes. Sure enough, it was activated without any input from me. Don't know how I did it, though. Maybe because I used it a lot, and the game picked up on it??

I have several question about dismemberment in the CFGs...

1) Does g_saberrealisticcombat 1 do more damage? If so, it would be considered cheating in SP, no?

2) What exactly are the functions of g_dismemberment and cg_dismemember? I've set them to 1, 2, and 3, but without g_saberrealisticcombat set to 1, they won't dismember. My friend reports chopping off of enemy arms and legs, yet he has no knowledge of a console so it's impossible for him to turn g_saberrealisticcombat on. Which setting (1, 2, or 3) has the highest dismemberment properties? With g_saberrealisticcombat on, all numbers seem the same. With it off, I see no dismemberment at all. How do I get dismemberment without turning g_saberrealisticcombat on?

3) What is g_dismembermentprobablilities? I've set varying numbers, but I see no difference.

On an unrelated note, what are the bind commands for taunts? I've seen them in-game, but I don't know the commands. Can someone provide me a full list of taunt commands? Thanks.

Originally posted by Crack 6K

On an unrelated note, what are the bind commands for taunts? I've seen them in-game, but I don't know the commands. Can someone provide me a full list of taunt commands? Thanks.

Well, for the taunt in multiplayer, open up jkmpconfig.cfg and add bind [key] +taunt (works for SP too)

ie:

bind F10 +taunt

:)

Originally posted by MessiahErebus

i read somewhere that you can make an autoexec.cfg file that will load each time, but i;m not sure about that. But i suppose you could try putting the line in there and see what happens.

something you may not know, g_saberRealisticCombat is NOT cheat protected, works only in single player, and does not need cheats enabled to work.

Try making any named CFG, for example, "myconfig.cfg".

Open your shortcut to either the single player or multiplayer executables (not the menu executable) and add it to exec in the command line. If you installed it at C:\JK2\, for example, then your target should look like:

"C:\JK2\GameData\jk2mp.exe" +exec myconfig.cfg

Archived