Home

headmodel command?

Static

I asked this in one of the other forums, but I believe this might be the more appropriate place :)

In quake 3 you could have say. the doom marine model ands then type: /headmodel sarge

in the console and you would then have sarges head on your doom marine.

What I am wondering is....is there a similar command in JK2?

I did try headmodel but it didn't work, was hoping for a stormtrooper with luke head :) or something

I'm sure this can be done and someone knows as I saw a couple of people in a server with heads from different models to the ones they were using..I guess it COULD have been bugs but..well..I hope it's not and is possible...can anyone help?

Well Quake3 from what I can tell holds the model information in separate pieces, so that parts can be swapped easily. The models in JK2 appear to all be from a single mesh. My guess is that it isn't possible, or else it would have been made use of in the game.

It's a pity too, because I'd like to use different alien heads on other bodies for expanded skinning possiblities :)

i think i know how.(remember i think.) i havent tried it yet but im assuming if u copy or cut the head file to a different person's file like boba fett. then i think it will work by putting cheats on, then type headmodel <luke> thats an example of the persons head thats in the other persons file.

if that doesnt work then try this,

put the head file inside the other persons file then cut the other persons head file to a different folder or anywhere then it should work without cheats or headmodel command.

remember i think. that doesnt mean i tried it yet but i think.

C'ya

Originally posted by ShodiKGian

Well Quake3 from what I can tell holds the model information in separate pieces, so that parts can be swapped easily. The models in JK2 appear to all be from a single mesh. My guess is that it isn't possible, or else it would have been made use of in the game.

^^^ What he said.

Archived