Home

Adding Mods to Mod List / Using Mods on MP

JediGhost[SITH]

I figure most mods come as a *.pk3 file, correct? I have yet to see a mod appear on the list, and, if it's possible, how do you do it!? If that works, I notice there's a "mod" option on multiplayer.. If anyone has the new Carnage mod, don't you think that would be fun against bots? Anyway, how do I go about getting the mod to appear on the list? I've tried loading it manually, and that didn't work. So, since there's a mod option, wouldnt the mods work on Multiplayer?

Any help is appreciated.

EDIT:

Okay, I figured out how to add a mod to the list. Incase your wondering:

1. Find the mod's *.pk3 file(s) (assuming it is PK3)

2. Copy the mod to your GameData folder, in a folder with the mod name (example: C:\LucasArts\Jedi Knight 2\GameData\Carnage\)

3. Load MP/SP and click Setup, then Mods, and you should see the folder name on the list, with the mod in it.

4. I believe you can now delete the file from your gamedata/base folder.

Now the big question is.. Do they work on MP? I just tried carnage, and it didn't work.. But if Mods aren't supposed to work on MP, why have the mods option in the first place...?

:confused:

I've been having a problem with this mod stuff in SP --> when I load up MP, I can see all the folders I've made up there (only Carnage and some Darth Maul thing I have yet to try) but what I'd really like to be able to do is play those in SP first. I mean, Carnage is *meant* for SP, right?

The weird thing is that it doesn't show up in the list of MODs in SP. In fact, NOTHING shows up in the SP MOD list, only in MP.

Any tips/explanations for me?

Archived