Home

Framerates with decent system...

ThatOneGuy

I just got JKII a few days ago, and I haven't really played it all that much in single player, but I am starting to get into it. On the first two stages, I get nice framerates, solid 85 fps that drops to 45 when I look through windows for some reason... However, on the third stage, which is an outside map, my fps drops into the 20-30 range, and this is in 640x480 res! Anyone else had problems with low framerates with the graphical settings to "fast"??

My system specs:

1.2GHz Athlon

512mb DDR

32mb SDR Geforce2MX AGP

40GB Hard Drive

Soundblaster Live! 5.1

1 ghz

512ram

geforce3 ti200

soundblaster live value

winXP

I get about 90-100 frames with no enemies, with enemies are most all levels I think I get around 65.

I have all my stuff on high with 1024reso with 32 bit color. I have heard people having problems, but I have never experienced any of them.

ThatOneGuy,

Probably more a problem of background software running than anything else. I'm running WinXP which has quite a bit of crapola running in the background. Plus I have Norton Anti-Virus and a firewall etc. Starting from a fresh boot up and shutting down the background programs really helps alot.

I'm running the game with everything maxed out at a resolution of 1280x1024 32bit with a very decent framerate. Also I have Anti-aliasing set to 4x and Anisotropic Filtering set to 4x. I haven't checked it everywhere but I'm getting 50-70fps from what I've seen.

It looks very sweet to me. Only in the swamp level I notice some major glitching...but thats only in 2 specific spots...no biggy.

My System:

Processor: 1Ghz Intel Pentium III

Motherboard: Asus CUV4X-E 133Mhz

Memory: 1.28 Gigs SDRAM (pc-133) (2x512M, 1x256M)

Hard Drive 1 (Main): Quantum 18,2gig ATA100 7200rpm

Hard Drive 2 (Secondary): Maxtor 30.7gig ATA100 7200rpm

Hard Drive 3 (on a ATA 133 PCI card) Maxtor 40gig ATA100 7200rpm

DVD Drive : Sony DVD-Rom 16x

CDR Drive: Yamaha CRW2100E (16x,10x,40x)

Video Card: Asus v8200T5 GeForce3 TI-500 Deluxe

Sound Card: Sound Blaster Live! Retail with digital outs

system:

pIII 600mhz overclocked to 750mhz

128mb ram

32 mb diamond viper nvidia tnt2 ultra

48x cdrom

SB live value

I get 70-85 fps with moderate action on the screen

I get 50-60 when all hell is breaking lose

I only get about 1 when there are 15 people on the screen and someone decides they are going to use drain...

Those are MP

in SP I actually run at about 85fps no skip at all....

And do you think I should upgrade...LOL...

Archived