Home

Problem with skies

irakere

I've noticed that while running JKii, there are no sky textures displayed and the sky is always bright white. I am running detonator 23.11 drivers and have no clue what the problem is. Can someone please help?

Tom

Your graphics options have turned that off. I do not know what the option is, but if you set the details to the "normal" preset you will have gorgeous skies. Yavin maps even have the giant red star thing in the sky! (the presets are the very top option in the "video" area of setup.

Hope it helped!

Cheers

I had the same problem and resolved it by changing a setting in the jk2config.cfg file in the gameroot/base directory (where gameroot is your Jedi Outcast folder. Open this in notepad/wordpad etc. and add the following line (preferably down the list where similar commands are written - not essential but keeps it neat)

seta r_fastsky "0"

You may find this line in your cfg already but set to 1 so change it to 0.

Hope that helps. If it doesn't, you might want to install the non Detonator drivers (unless the set you've got are the same as linked to by Kenn Hoekstra in the Announcements section)

Oh, and top tip - this should probably go in the Tech Help forum to be strict. :)

Dragon

Archived