Home

What's the real deal with Push and Pull in MP?

Deadeye

I'm sure this has been covered already, but I would like to know how Push and Pull work in multiplayer. Sometimes you can hurl someone ~100 feet, and then the next time the guy doesn't budge. I realize that they may have different force power allocations, but how does it work exactly? Is there anything I can actively do to avoid a push or pull, or to use it more effectively?

Do I have to time it right or something? It just seems random to me. I'm sure that can't be the case though.

Also can you pull guns outta hands in MP? Everytime I try it, I either get no result, or I'll pull the whole person.

As for my force powers. I always have push and pull to max, and also saber offense and defense to max. The rest varies.

If you aren't attacking or doing a force power then it will do that slight "lag" type effect you see, the kind that will stop your current movement, but won't move you more than a few inches.

However, if you are attacking, are airborne (with exception below), are doing a force power, are prone or possibly another factor then it will have a full effect of sending you flying/pulling you close. If you do a force power on someone immediately after a teammate does, then it will have a similar effect. Also having force speed/dark rage active seems to open you up too, though not entirely sure about that.

There are a few exceptions to this: Absorb will give you the slight lag effect always, which includes when you are airborne, so sometimes it is actually worth while to pull/push someone with absorb on in the air just to trip them up a bit. Also, when you are wall walking, for the actual part you are on the wall you are immune in all forms to being pushed and pulled, the only time you can be effected is after you reach the apex of the wall walk and are falling off of it (Aren't actually walking on the wall anymore)

And yes, you can pull guns from people's hands, it's very simple actually. You've probably done it and not realized it, until they mount another weapon they'll look like they still have the gun in their hand despite the fact you see it go flying off of them. Generally the weapon pull only works at very close range (15 feet or so)

i use push when someones jumping across a platform towards me i use push and there they go flying backwards and down into the bottomless pit and also for taking someones weapon you have to aim at there weapon and as for push and pull tactics during saber combat try and push someone who is chargin you and also if you see a thermal detonator flying towards you use push quickly and there it goes flying towards your enemy mwahahahhaha and also for all those n00bs that say speed is a SPEED HACK its not

Archived