Home

!!BIg QuestioN!!!

SkataN

Alright, I have the concept down of taking JK2 skins and painting my own over them. But how do I make my own skins? And im not talking about using Ravens models. I mean, lets say I make Mowmaw(hammerhead). I have him completely modeled in 3dsmax. Now I want to make a skin for him. How? I dont want separate textures on different image files. I want all of the textures on one image(legs, torso, head...the works).

So i just make an image 256x256 and make my own textures from scratch then use UVW wrapping to fit it on my model?

Help me out. A sheer outline/concept of the idea would help me, but an in-depth explanation would be much more apreciated. :)

Sorry if I mislead you, but the question I was trying to get help with is, how do you make your own skin and have it compatible for your game model standards, like q3 and jk2, i already know how to UVW wrap

Oops, sorry..must have read your message wrong :)

Well, it's not too difficult..usually skins have to be sized according to the power of 2, so yeah, a 256x256 map, or even better, 512x512. So, you lay out all of the unwrapped parts into the unwrap window in Max (assuming thats what you're using), making sure to get the best use of space, then take a screenshot of the window, put it into photoshop, crop and start skinning...then you go from there. How JK2's models are tagged for specific texures, I'm not sure...perhaps the tools will include some documentation on this subject..

Archived