Home

Tougher Reborn...Tougher Desann....Yet, Luke triumphs all the way through the Ladder!

Wes Janson SMR

First, let me say that the Ladder SP level is pretty fun. Thgouh I had to take a personal step and properly edit the "Smack Mah Bit--tchup" soundtrack to loop semlessly... ;-) Great stuff. I can't wait to get my hands on the SDK so I can make my own Ladder-type levels.

Anyway, yes. I put myself as a "notarget" on the Ladder level, and I unleashed Luke in it. He made it all the way through, killing every Reborn, Shadowtrooper, Tavion, and Desann - without dying.

How the hell did he manage that? Well, I was upset at that post that claimed six Lukes couldn't beat one Desann. The dude was right. Luke sucked much more than he should. I mean, he's supposed to be the most powerful Jedi in the Galaxy...or so I assume.

I messed around witht he NPC config file, and found some interesting things. The primary thing I was looking for was Force Power augmentation. Unfortunately, Force Power usage isn't in the NPC config. But I found the next best thing: health ammount. I cranked Luke's 400(?) health points all the way to 5000. I zapped up his reflexes, aggression, and agility to the max.

The result: One hell of a Jedi! Luke's no longer the wuss he originally was, as he can hold himself against some serious odds.

As for the other little goodies in the NPC config file, Lightsaber colors!!! Each Jedi NPC has their own color designator. I got tired of seeing each Reborn with a red 'Saber, so I did some color-coordination. The green Reborn have green 'Sabers, the blue have blue 'Sabers, and so on. I even gave Tavion a purple 'Saber - just for the sake of being different.

There are also two "Kyle" NPC models in the NPC config file. These models are the ones used in the game engine cutscenes. For my own personal taste (throwing canon continuity out the window), I gave Kyle his yellow 'Saber back, the one he got from Yun in JK1. Now in all the cutscenes, his 'Saber is yellow instead of blue. As for the in-game Lightsaber color, I binded the "sabercolor yellow" command to my "weapon 1" button. A little crude, but it's all seemless now. My Kyle's got a yellow 'Saber! ;-)

Anyway, back to the main point. I gave the Reborn a fighting chance by boosting their health another hundred. And I made Desann twice as strong as he was before.

Needless to say, the Ladder level was pretty intense after these modifications. And I feel much better knowing that I can send Luke in to help me out, and know that he'll come out on top this time.

The moral of this story? . . . Go muck around in the NPC config file and have some fun of your own!

Well, Moleculor, I had to convert the song back into WAV format, and do some selective editing. I cut off a little bit of the front, and a little bit of the back, and found a great section to meld thet two together, so it sounds seemless as it loops.

Maybe I can make things easier by simply uploading it... Yes. I just might do that.

Anyway, about the random 'Sabers, the JediF's Lightsaber color is set to "random" in the NPC config. You can do this for all the Jedi if you wish. Even Kyle. ;-)

in the primary pk3, it's 'ext_data/npcs.cfg'

just open it, edit it, save it, play it..

make sure when you save, you're actually modifying the current .cfg, rather than adding a new npcs.cfg into the wrong directory in the pk3

Archived