Home

Suggestion: force regeneration

Darksider

I was thinking perhaps you could inlcude a serverside option with the next patch that allows alternate force recharge rates based on what weapon is being used - The high grade guns such as missile launcher, flechette and repeater (because of alt-fire) would have considerably reduced for regen rates, lesser weapons like the bryar and e-11 would have normal regeneration rate and the lightsaber would give a bonus. This would help adress the balance between the people who like to spam with guns and if you chase them down switch over to lightning and drain (ARGH!!) and people who like to use sabers, because as it stands it is considerably harder for a saber user to come out on top against a gun user who is also using force powers, not impossible mind, just much harder.

What do people think of this?

I like this idea -- I think if you want to use a gun, you shouldn't be allowed to use the Force, or at least much of it. Originally I thought there'd be like two classes -- a Jedi and a Gunman type deal, where Jedis get the Force, but only a lightsaber, and Gunmen get all the other weapons, but no saber and very little Force if any.

I wish Raven would mention that they were looking into the Force balancing issues in this game. They don't even have to say what they're considering, just that they're listening. They seem to be on top of things...

the rocket launcher in jo isnt very useful imo (im a gunner)...with only 10 shots, it can deal some serious damage, but there isnt enough ammo in the current levels for it to be very useful...so until someone makes a GOOD level (ugh raven's levels? come on), im sticking to flak/repeater...btw, force push sucks against a good gunner; stop making your opinions off of single player or low skill gunners...

This'd be easy to mod.

There's already a variable called g_forceRegenTime that effects how long it takes to regenerate your force power. Set it to 0, watch it zoom up rather quickly. Set it to 1500, watch it craaaawwwwlll...

But it's an MP only server wide variable. But since the code is already there... it'd be easy to mod into something individual.

Archived