Home

How to defeat GALAK FYAR??? [spoiler perhaps]

aehrick

Okay, after I wack the Doomgiver's shieldarray, my "Mr. Steal Bun 2002"-friend Galak walks in. Nice fellow, nice chat, until he switches on his very own personal shield-generator and kicks the living sithspit out of me!

How do i short-circuit that ugly walking toaster?!?!? My trusty lightsabre seems to have no other effect than give me a pretty shock myself...

I know his shield array has a fall-out if you blast him with a few rockets, but even after wacking his naked grill with 2x force-speed and all the rockets/detonators/whatever in my arsenal, he's still happily firing those blue hurting things at me!!!

PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP MEEE!

Cheers, Aehrick (slightly agitated about still not having completed this most-wonderful-game-ever!)

Spoiler?

One thing I found after dying a hundred times was that if you postion yourself on the structure for the ex-shield generator behind the sphere thing for the generator that you can hit him, but he can't hit you. The secondary fire for #6 weapon (the Repeator) works well at taking down his shield. After knocking down his shield, switch to #4 weapon (the Disruptor) and snipe the shield antenna off his suit. Then wail on him until he dies.

Another lame tactic (maybe the same MasterJoel meant?). on the 4 pillars you can jump to a small ledge (where the gloving blue pipes were), and Galak cant advance on you.

From there I bounced explosives on him from the outer wall until his shield (and the red antenna) went down, then just used the sabre throw to kill him, as at this point you can guide the sabre behind your field of vision.

Confused already? :)

If you just barely get close enough to him with your sabre, you can actually use the sabre to short circuit his shield. Take a swing and back up. Meanwhile, he keeps firing those flak guns at you as you deflect them.

Then, when the shield goes down, take some swings at hime, but don't get too close, or he delivers you by air mail to the other side of the room.

Archived