Home

Problems with kicking people (not tech help)

ps2maddenman

Okay so I am hosting a game, and a person is swearing and flaming everyone, I just want to kick the person without having a vote happen (since most people don't know how to vote the vote fails), is there a way that I the host computer can kick people without a vote, even a console command would be nice. (If voting is the only way hopefully Raven will address this issue in a patch, what is the point of having mods on the host computer then?)

thx in advance.

If the player name is hard to spell or you get the "Player not on server error" do this.

Bring down the console and type /status

You'll get a listing of the players on the server and the first entry by the names on the left under NUM is their client id number

type /clientkick <idnumber> and that will kick people with difficult names.

Also, if they're a real ****, type this in console

/g_filterban 1

Then, using the players IP from the status list type this

/g_banip <player ip>

That way they won't be able to come right back and keep causing trouble....or cause you to have to sit in console for an hour kicking them.

Hope this helps.

Originally posted by Joruus

If the player name is hard to spell or you get the "Player not on server error" do this.

Bring down the console and type /status

You'll get a listing of the players on the server and the first entry by the names on the left under NUM is their client id number

type /clientkick <idnumber> and that will kick people with difficult names.

Also, if they're a real ****, type this in console

/g_filterban 1

Then, using the players IP from the status list type this

/g_banip <player ip>

That way they won't be able to come right back and keep causing trouble....or cause you to have to sit in console for an hour kicking them.

Hope this helps.

Thanks!! Very great info, I thought I'd post it again. ;)

Archived