Home

n00bs.....???

Fonzy

Ok, so the game has been out what, 12 days, and yet I see tactics being described as n00b tactics. Surely people are still trying out things, some things might annoy others, and then depending on the person, they will react however they deem correct (either take note and change, or blatantly ignore).

Everyone playing this game has no doubt not discovered 100% of the intricacies and tricks invoved in success. On this basis, I choose to believe that unless there are players out there who are 100% knowledgable, we are all still n00bs, albeit slightly more practiced ones.

Fonzy

well, maybe we are all n00bs now, but some players are more "n00b" than others ;).

Even in only one week of playing you can have a huge advantage in experience compared to smb. who only played for a few hours. I think some REAL "noobish" things are, if smb. enters a Server and asks how to use Force Power or something like that.

when there are people changing things in the game with cvars and actually taking the time to think out strategies and then there are people who come into a server and ask "How do I change my name?" I think you can classify people as noob(asking questions like how do I change my name and how do I use force powers to quote the previous post) they havent bothered to even read the manual or look it up...they are noob....

Fonzy, people on these forums are talking about newbies, and n00bs. The newbies are the ones that are new to the game, and try to learn. But the n00bs however (in my language) are the ones that arent totally new, but tend to not care about people, and only want to annoy them. Say someone enter a sever that cleary says Dueling server, and then the serious star wars fans are say in bespin, on the platform, waiting to duel eachother. These "n00bs" will jump on the platform, tell them to **** off, and just start cheaply killing people.

Even though the game has only been out for a short while some of us have very old vetrans of FPS, and that skill combines with each new game. There are some that only play certain style games and some that play almost all games. What most of the people consider n00bs in JO are the players that are still new to the FPS situation, there are quite a few people that just pick up this kind of game cause its a SW universe and dont know anything about FPS's in general. I from the time I picked up this game was very good at it, and picked up the most common strategies from the get go, anyone playing on Riven's server that has played me knows that I know how to play this game, yes I get beat but I know that I gave that person a good fight. When I play I am cool and calculated, I know what moves I am going to do next, not just flailing about. I have been playing internet FPS's since Quake1 hit the inet very big, and before that a lil bit of Doom. I dont play on alot of servers online since I dont want to play with a certain crowd with this game. If I want fast shooter FPS gameplay, I will play UT or Q3A, if I want cool FPS style sword play with sabers I play this game and this is my top fav game right now. So there are n00bs and vets per sa to an extent.

Yeah, I hate that cheap killing too I'm nearly always playing at bespin (FFA), looking for duels. Even a n00b should have enough honor to not attack a player who has its Saber turned off. Sometimes its so damn annoying if you're looking for a duel at the round platform at the Edge of Bespin and 4-5 Monkey A***s start pushing and grippin so you feel like your're in a tornado.

Man, I have to tell you that I am freaking SICK of the words newbie and n00b. As far as I can tell all this word means is someone that plays in some manner that yoou don't like. Thats pretty much how people use it.

"I was trying to get a duel going and some n00b attacked me."

"All i ever see is n00bs running around using guns."

"The only people I ever see on servers are n00bs waving their sabres around without any tactics."

I rarely get annoyed but please cut the ****! I am so sick of this meaningless word! I wouldn't be suprised if it accounts for over half the total words used in this forum! Why even refer to someone as a n00b!!!? If they have a question either ignore them or answer it and if they play in some way you can't stand then they are an @$$ hole not a newbie. :swear:

S.ocitey

A.gainst the

W.ord

N.ewbie

@Pvt_Dancer

cool down.

I don't have anything against people who ask question about the game (if the questions are not completely (sp?) dumb). Or people who just started playing FPS. I try to help everybody who asks how to start a duel or how to taunt.

The Players who piss me of are the ones who really show no sign of honor and play like they really have no skills at all. And i'm not calling them only a n00b, i call them an a**hole, bastard...whatever you want :).

But what's the problem with calling smb. a N00b ? I don't understand your anger.

newbie = good

n00b = bad/evil

Anywho.... Just as a random side note...Funny thing happened to me while I was running a server. This idiot named bc11184 (or some crap like that... I know the number is right) came on and started complaining about how people were killing him when his saber was off and stuff like that... well I tracked him down with MY saber off and he immediately force lightnings me to death.

I kick him.

He rejoins. He says "Stop that!" or something like that... but more like "d00d stop tha t!" (literally. I'm not making this up.)

I kick him.

He comes back on and says (and this is a direct quote) "man i can **** you up mroe tha n god!" and disconns.

Funny, huh? :)

Hehehe... I was teetering on the edge of the Dark Side. I blew it way out of proportion perhaps... I am just sick of n00b being overused. It is used A LOT... and in cases that I don't think it should or where other words will suffice.

Call it a malaise over disused language and poor vocabulary skillz. :D

I've been reading the boards all day and people use it A LOT and I think I am just beginning to crack up. :p I need a vacation.

*wanders off in a daze*

ug the whole newbie discussion again

Every single game that has ever come out since the god damn extreme evolutionary popularity of sad a$$ terms used in games came around has had this discussion. Look In you want to call anyone a newbie in the game then you need to call everyone a newbie, cause WE ARE ALL NEWBIES! If anyone isnt it would the developers and even for them you might call them newbies cause they didnt have a fully finished product til the game shipped. In a year or two when someone picks up the game on the $5-20 shelf and joins a server then you can call em a newbie. I just finished on a server that whenever this person who thought he was really good would get a point he shout "ha you n00bs" And many things along those lines.

In my opinion over this the whole entire newbie thing is just as stupid as the launguage that brought it about, (Im refering to the whole 1337 thing for those that dont know)

Archived