Home

skin site... trying to have most of them avail. for download

DeathsHead

I have been browsing the message boards here and at jedi-outcast.com looking for skins and the like. I have also added a little bit of neccessary files as well. I pretty much finished getting most of the links up today, but it is still in the building process. It should be finished tomorrow, but I plan to constantly update the skins.

The site is: http://Http://www.ClanAYBABTU.com (all your base are belong to us)

Just click on the JK2 download area.

I am still in the process of getting a JK2 saber only server up complete with all the custom skins, and my CS server is down at the moment due to HD failure...

email me any skins I may have forgot. GeneStapp@yahoo.com I am gonna try to finish up the others category tonight, but I don't know if I can make myself sit in front of the screen any more. I downloaded a few more skins as well tonight and I'll put them up tomorrow morning. I don't think I have limited bandwidth so download all you want... I guess if my isp contacts me I'll know hehe...

My custom skin server seems to be working ok tonight, but it will be off and on depending until I can get it on a t3. When that happens, it will be at least a 24 client saber only server with custom skins.

doesn't cheat mode have to be on for that to work? I don't want to turn cheats on since some ass will come on with godmode on... If there is a way to turn on dismemberment without cheats I'd love to know it. Anyway I am done for the night on my site. I'll finish it up tomorrow morning. I still have to fix most of the other download links and add some skins.

Originally posted by DeathsHead

doesn't cheat mode have to be on for that to work? I don't want to turn cheats on since some ass will come on with godmode on... If there is a way to turn on dismemberment without cheats I'd love to know it. Anyway I am done for the night on my site. I'll finish it up tomorrow morning. I still have to fix most of the other download links and add some skins.

nope, just add the line g_dismember 100

the only thing is, for users to do it/see it, they have to have cg_dismember 1

I made a zip file that has all the pk3 files ready to be extracted to the base directory, but I do not have enough space on my shared hosting (I use my host site for 2 commercial sites so I use 100Mb very fast). Anyone have room to host a 30Mb zip file?

shouldnt you have asked everyone if they wanted their skins on your site? i mean, dont get me wrong-i put my skins out there for everyone to use. but perhaps i dont want to be associated with the cliche "all your base are belong to us" ? *shrug*

You put them out in the public forum for download. I added them to a server. I put them available for download and gave you credit for your skin. If you didn't want it on other sites, you shouldn't of given the file out because once you did, it is public domain property...

i am well aware of the reality of the situation. i release skins so the entire community may use them. but im talking more about the common courtesy aspect. a request would have been nice.

and i also wanted readers to know that i did not sanction my skins to be displayed on your site. i feel it is poorly put together, and could have been done better.

*shrug* no big deal

I edited your page to make it look better, but does it really matter what the download page looks like? I mean its the fact that someone wants to download the skin you worked on that should matter to you, not what site lets people download it. If it was my skin I would be happy people wanted it.

its no big deal...i was just trying to point out that it would have felt better to have been asked. i understand that if i create a popular skin, its going to get all over the place, and eventually ill probably even lose credit for it. thats the nature of the beast, and it doesnt stop me from skinning. but i would like to be able to keep tabs on my work for as long as possible...know where its displayed, how popular it is stuff like that.

well i apologize to you for not asking. No other author of a skin has cared. I just assumed none of them would. Is there something you wish me to add to the page (download counter maybe, etc?) I have been keeping my pages pretty basic because I have been making so many of them...

Archived