Home

Bot Info

anj_barton

Well, I've posted my first bot personallity on http://www.jedi-outscast.com & http://www.jediknightii.net for the Han solo skin. Now I'm ready to make more. If any one needs help with bot scripting and such please either reply to this or E-mail me and geet back to you. Now I'm trying to figure out more indept features I can give to bots to make them cool. I've now learned how to assign sounds to them too, so they are more interactive, Plus any one who makes another bot, should keep in mind whether or not they want it to use sabors or not. Bond should have been a non-sabor bot.

I haven't figured out why they don't sabor duel yet, but I'm working on it. as for info Any questions, should be more definate. Some tips would be like: if you don't want them to use a sabor(for instance my solobot, "Han with a sabor?" ..."Yuck!")make their sabor attack&defense&throw all 0 in their force catagories. They would then use a stun baton.

would you be able to make a mara jade bot for me, and e-mail it to lazarus2002@barrysworld.com as Im pretty much finished the reskin on jan and the bot file is where Im going to have some problems, thanks, just tell me to bugga off if u dont want to ;) hehe

just had a thought I dont know what youd need but it is the jan skins modded with these lines in the ncps.cfg (things thats the name)

surfOn "torso_augment_off hips_augment_off hips_torso_off"

surfOff "head_goggles torso_comp torso_vest torso_chaps"

so basically its had all the models involving the vest skins file removed

I'd like to know how to script (new) bot routes for maps. For instance, I'd like to script how bots behave on the new Carbon Freeze FFA map. Currently, they jump continuosly - and that's all they do.

I tinkered with someone else's bot with Half Life a LONG time ago. There used to be a particular bot program that would "learn" the new maps. Basically, it modeled it's behavior after the actions a player took on the new map. Kinda cool. If you were a sniper, the bots would tend to snipe on that map more often instead of running and gunning. You had to do a variety of different actions to make sure the bots would be more unpredictable.

Anyway, I have no idea if something similar is available for Jedi Outcast in the code. I know you can open the Assests pak file with WinZip and there is a bot route folder containing files with ".wnt" extentions. I have no idea how to create or modify those tho. When I opened one in notepad it was a large series of numbers.

Any help is appreciated.

Archived