Home

simple question, form one frustrated man

Matthias03

PLEASE tell me what I'm doing wrong.

I use a 2-way Cable modem, and when I try to host a game for my friends they can never find me. Typing in my IP with "New Favorite" doesn't work.

I look at the "About" my server, it says "Local Host" although, I'm not a local host. How can I use the internet, like we always did with JK for JK2? Its pretty dumb if you ask me, if it wasn't broke, why fix it? I mean I run R6's games online, JK, Unreal, Half Life all online but JK2 (quite possible the best game to date) NO!

WHY!

What am I doing wrong?!

I am so frustrated, I see no option for hosting through the internet, it automatically says I'm a local host. . .dumb.

PLEASE tell me what I'm doing wrong. Please. The Clan MUST LIVE through JK2!

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Thanks anybody for help.

Everybody has helped me so far with all my JK2 bugs, quite possibly the most bugged out game I've ever own/played. Now that I got all the bugs worked out, beat the game, looking forward to kicking some of my clan members tails, and BANG! Nobody can find anybody online? I think there's something wrong on my end.

Oh man, why WHY!

"Your pushing me baby!"

-Homer Simpson-

:)

Again Thank God for people smarter than me.

DOH!

I literally didn't have to do anything but set it up and host. In fact, I don't even know HOW to host a non-dedicated local server. What we've been doing for our LAN games is setting up a regular internet server, just putting a password on it. Either there's something I'm missing(there are no obvious toggleable options I saw) or something's flaky with your install or something else.

Worth noting I've had no problems or bugs with the game whatsoever.

Thank You for your reply,

I take it you have the same sort of set up as me, 2 way Cable and all. . .

In other words, I never have to log on, I'm just there all the time. Do you have to log on? Is JK2 not reconizing that I'm connected to the net? So frustrated with this. The one reason I bought the game (other than I've waited 5 years for it, since the release of the first installment heh heh) was for Clan Parties and Zoning, and I can't do crap.

My friends tried typing in my IP and nothing popped up. Dumb.

Maybe this thread should be over in Tech Help.

Thanks for any help though.

Set your connection thingy to Cable or Broadband or similar. I know it's under Play > Join Game and an option along the top row alongside filters for finding games etc.

Make sure you go through all the settings when setting a server up.

Hope that helps. ;)

Are you behind a firewall, either that provided by WinXP or some third-party software? I've been a similar problem getting my server recognized on the Master List. Glancing through the Dedicated Server forum (which is not quite what we want, but is close enough to have some valuable information), I noticed a few comments talking about disabling firewalls in order to get their servers to show up for others. I haven't tried it myself, yet. Perhaps I'll give it a shot tonight.

May the Force be with you. :)

I know whats wrong!!! Same prob with Q3 u must be under internet (like ur looking for a game) and then click create game (it works i swear) if ur under local host the engine presumes u are hosting for a lan... It worked for me in Q3

In other words, I never have to log on, I'm just there all the time. Do you have to log on? Is JK2 not reconizing that I'm connected to the net? So frustrated with this. The one reason I bought the game (other than I've waited 5 years for it, since the release of the first installment heh heh) was for Clan Parties and Zoning, and I can't do crap.

Yup, same setup, and never have to log on. I figure it's gotta be some setting in the game that for some reason is set only for LAN. The only thing I'm awaer you can toggle that for is Dedicated server(which is on the main menu when you first go to "create server" from within the game. Three settings, "No", "LAN", or "Internet". Are you trying to run a dedicated?

Archived