Home

Alternative FFA ideas

Mattman

So, I've noticed that FFA seems to put all the emphesis on killing, and little on defending yourself from being killed. I find this to be kind of silly, so I have a couple of ideas that could spice up FFA if they were implemented in a mod or official patch (hint, hint) :D

My first idea is a mode that takes away a frag everytime you're killed by another player. In a sense, they steal that kill from their targets score. However, unlike suicides, this will not go below zero. (Suicides still would, however.)

Idea number two is more complicated, but even better, in my mind. This is a mode where each player is assigned a point value, based on their scores. Players with high scores would be worth more points to frag than lower scoring folks. It could either be by some mathematic equation, or just a range, ie: 0 - 4 kills = 1 point, 5 - 9 = 2 points, 10 - 14 = 3, and so on.

I think these modes would make for much more interesting play, as you'd have to play defensive as well as offensive, and in my second idea, the more agressive you are, the more defensive you're eventually going to have to be as the game progresses.

So, what do you folks think of my ideas? Do you have any clever game play ideas yourselves? It'd be cool to share them hear. :)

In any case, I think that FFA should display the ammount of times a player has been killed, and hopefully this feature will appear in a future patch. It could simply be formatted like duel mode's win / loss deal. It's info I'd like to have. :)

I used to play a mod like for quake2 and it alot of fun. It can really make one map with a frag limit of 30 last a long time though with more than 10 people in it. It didnt give more points for killing the better players but it subtracted points if you got killed.

Archived