Home

Sabre only servers

HBK

I don't suppose there is a way to identify sabre only games in the in-game browser. Is there any way to do it in other programs/browsers like Gamespy and ASE? I thought there would be alot more sabre only servers. I haven't found one yet. And I don't mean duel mode. Thanks

HBK

Sure is, in ASE, make a new filter and put in

1 if g_gametype ~!= "0" remove

2 if g_weaponDisable ~!= "65531" remove

3 if needpass > "0" remove

That will show all FFA, Sabre Only, non passworded games.

Using ~! 65531 won't exactly show all saber only servers. I guess it depends on how you think about saber only.

I run a saber only server (meaning No Handheld Projectile Weapons), and has been very successful. But last night as a test I allowed seeker drones, trip wires, and sentries.

Overall most people really enjoyed the added extras. They were still very happy to not have any other hand held weapons, but they had fun with the added dimension that these little extras created.

And because I added these little bits in, you won't find my server using 65531 when I implement those extra goodies.

However, I thought of my playerbase when I named my server so you can easily find it the old fashioned way - by name:

Seattle Saber Only CTF Server

*shameless plug ;)*

I take it the 65531 value is just a string of on/off bits for 16 items. Geronimo, you seem to have figured it out. What're the bit mappings?

And can somebody set up a stun baton only no force (maybe jump) ctf server sometime? Just for kicks? =)

And is there any way to limit specific force powers?

Nax

Originally posted by geronimo27

Using ~! 65531 won't exactly show all saber only servers. I guess it depends on how you think about saber only.

I run a saber only server (meaning No Handheld Projectile Weapons), and has been very successful

Yes, that is exactly what I am looking for. I'll be on the lookout for Seattle Saber Only CTF Server.

geronimo27, or Retro if you are still out there, is there a line to search beyond FFA servers, like g's CTF or any other gamemode?

HBK

Archived