Home

Need a bit more help in SP skin replacement please

Alfred

Originally posted by Darth Valinor

5. Create a new .pk3 file containing the models\player\kyle folder you have been messing with. WinRAR is the best program for this. Make sure the path is kept, so that when you open the .pk3 you made it should have the models\player\kyle path.

6. Name this .pk3 something that does not start with an 'A'. This is because .pk3 files are loaded in alphabetical order, with the latest loaded taking precedence, so if you named it albert.pk3, it would not work because assets0.pk3 would be loaded after it and would overwrite the changes you made.

Enjoy! [/b]

OK, I need a bit more help. I got WinRAR but I don't really understand how to do steps 5 & 6. I did try to just copy the Jan files into the Kyle folder, and it DID work, BUT, the lightsaber was glued to the front of her head and was not in her hands and did not move. What am I missing? Please help.

Thanks in advance.

I have a similar problem. When I replaced Kyle with a Reborn skin, he would hold the lightsaber with his left hand, and the animations would be funky as funk. I tried replacing Kyle with that Keiran skin too, and the lightsaber was now on his legs all the time. How do I fix this?

Archived