Home

UberSkins 1.0

Rajess MoDuron

You might be right there stalker. I don't know what's gonna happen then. I just hope enough servers dl it to make it worth the 26 meg download. I'm pretty sure Death's Head's server will have it, because I know he's hosting it...but other than that...

Hopefully the pure servers will start to disappear.

Sethy

Originally posted by NetStalker

I thought the Auto DL only worked for MODS and MAPS

That's what I thought too, but then I read the FAQ at the end of the updated skinning tutorial here and saw this:

Okay, I start up multiplayer, choose to play my skin I made, but no-one else can see it. Why?

They can download your pk3 directly from the server when they join it. This will happen automatically if the server has “Allow Downloads” on (look at the “g_allowDownloads” item on the server info for the server) and if the player joining the server has “Allow Downloads” enabled.

So maybe the auto-d/l will work for any pk3.

quick question about mods. :confused:

Sadly the ones I have gotten so far have ZERO info in the readme files. Where do the files go? Ladder is the only one that works for me so far. Skins and etc install in Gamedata\Base or just in Gamedata\modfoldername?

thx.

and about this 26meg skin pack..

I shall burn many monkeys as I eagerly await for get my hands on it

:monkey4: :monkey4: :monkey4::3headed:

Originally posted by freonsmurf

Where do the files go? Ladder is the only one that works for me so far. Skins and etc install in Gamedata\Base or just in Gamedata\modfoldername?

Generally speaking most pk3s will work in gamedata/base.

Originally posted by nukage

cool. the game's been out not even 3 weeks and we've already got huge skinpacks! while i'm thinking of this, how cool would it be to have a battle droid skin, complete with the "rolling" running animation? probably not feasable to do for a regular player model, but in a mod maybe?

I'm currently building a battle droid mesh, which should work with the existing animations. I believe you are talking about the droideka, which probably wouldnt be to good for MP given they have no hands :)

1) He was talking about a droideka, I'm pretty sure...I hope at least, otherwise I wonder what he was on when HE saw it :)

2) Well, we could make a mod like Aliens v Predator v Marines, only Jedi v Droids v Sith, where each "race" has it's own advantages and disadvantages. The aliens cannot hold weapons, and neither can the droidekas...

LATUR

Just so you all know, I had to start from scratch. Too many bugs, too many skins not appearing, and an ACTUAL CRASH.

Anyway, I decided to not screw too much with the file locations, unless (as is the case with jedi kyle) they would overwrite default skins.

In addition, I put in all the readmes from files that had them, the readmes are renames that can be identified with the skin they refer to.

Testing it tonight with Death's Head and Renix hopefully, and then unleashing it upon the masses.

Seth

It's completed. It's gonna be up sometime tonight. It's gonna be awesome. In it we have:

Absath's skin of himself in a nice Mandilorian nighty :-P

Ben Kenobi (Absath and the other one)

Dark Kyle (Good job JBA_wolf)

Dark Rodian

Count Dooku

Talon Karrde

The two unlocked Imps

Black Jedi

Unlocked Jedi 2

Jedi Kyle

Johnny Odell's Maul

Keiran Halcyon

Han Solo (Lando Reskin, not Luke or whatever)

RotJ Luke

Sith Luke

Rebel Pilot (The one without a helmet)

Some Reborn reskins

Rodian Hunter

Taung Jedi

The Emperor

Valk

Vithran

AND bot files & sounds for those that came with them.

Okay, thas it!

Seth

If anyone knows a website where for ZERO money I can UPLOAD (not email) a 20+megabyte file, it would be greatly appreciated, as this is the only realistic way this sumbleaatch is coming out. My firewall is giving me no other alternative. We could always try ICQ, i suppose. HAven't tried that yet, but IM doesn't work at all. I can use morpheus, audiogalaxy, things like that, but not IM transfer. My ICQ number is 89217811. Thanks!

Archived