Home

making "skin" textures

BrokenBlaster

Is there a good way to make a skin texture in photoshop? This is one of the biggest difficulties I'm having.

If you look at the Raven skins you see the little details and blemishes that make the skin look realistic. I'd like to add that touch to my skins without taking pictures of real people, so they don't look like they have a ton of face paint.

Thanks for any suggestions in advance.

Id guess get a picture of skin, size it correctly and clone brush it in. Its difficult, but once you get the hang of it you can do it fairly quickly.

Not that I have ANY experience skinning, but I have done a great deal of photoshop work, and found that that works really well for metals and such.

The icon looks rather like a rubber stamp (like a library would use), its one of the most useful photoshop tools in existance. Click on it (5th from the top on the right I beleive), option click (or alt-click) on what you want to clone, then click on whatever you want to clone to. Make sure you set up your brush sizes for it though, a large clone brush doenst work too well ;)

another thing you can do is visit the photoshop sites for plugins, actions, filters etc...

EyeCandy4000

Xenofex

KPT power toys

Super Blade Pro

and many other actions and filters and plugins have customizable prefab texture effects built in.

by using layers, layer options, blending and the like, you can create just about any texture look you want. you can also fiddle around with alot of the settings and make your own prefabs.

the purple one

Archived