Home

creating servers

Darkling19

whenever i try to create a server it just makes it a local host, my friends can't find my server on the internet and i think it's only on my comp for bot play, does anyone know how to put my server on the internet and not just play bots, cos i can't find the part where to change the server to lan, internet etc.

except under the dedicated option and i don't want a D server, is dedicated the only way to host a game?

I'm having a similar prob. A friend gave me his IP and I typed it under, "New Favorites" then I entered his password. No luck. I even tried to search for his player name and that didn't seem to work. Any Suggestions on setting up via IP? I know I could go to Game Zone but my friend wants to host on his server.

hmmm... i'm not sure why it doesn't show up on the net... my friend tried to connect to mine (which didn't show up til after he left it for some reason)

but if you want to have a game with your friends, just tell them to type 'connect <your IP address>' in the console, and they will connect to it

Archived