Home

Please help, Question about making a map NOW for jkII

rosko

I just read a post of a guy that made....or is making a jedi knight II map. Earlier I was told this cannot be done until raven releases thier editor. SO, I'm wondering, is it as simple as editing it just like a quake3 map? I have done some old halflife and q3 when it came out, but not sure if I could do JKII without raven tools. Can I? If I could use GTK now I would love to start. Got a lan party this weekend. Thanks.

Jeremy

There has been one level made for JKO as far as I know. It's called Ladder and it's on massassi.net if you want to download it. And no, to answer your question, I have no idea how he did it. Yes, it is Q3A editing, but there are huge differences in the BSP format and you'll need to wait for Raven to release the SDK for a proper compiler (unless you want to start digging in the programming... I'd personally just wait a few more days)

wait a few more days. i made the post in question. it is possible to make your own map compiler, but a guy on the GTKRadiand team (not to mention the god of q3map, 'ydnar') said that there are a few more differences than just the version #. However, you can always make the map and then hex the version number from 46 to 1 and it might still work. i believe thats how ladder was done.

but its much less complicated, safer and more certain if u just wait for raven.

If you wanna start mapping now tho, go to http://www.qeradiant.com and download GTKRadiant 1.2.6.

-Tems

Archived