Home

How to use force powers at the VERY BEGINNING of the game?

Nealoc187

I've beaten the game twice now without using any cheats and I decided this time I want to use force powers (and my lightsaber) from the very beginning. I use the 'give all' cheat code and much to my dismay, my saber was invisible. I can still kill with it, but its pretty lame to have an invisble saber.

Anyone know a way to let me have a VISIBLE saber before I'm actually supposed to find it on Yavin?

Also can I use all my force powers prior to "learning" them in the game? I want to be able to use pull and push and such from the very beginning of the game. What cheat would that require? 'give force' or something else?

in console (with cheats on, helpusobi 1) type "setforceall 3" w/o the quotes to get the powers

and to make your saber visible, i think you have to go into first person mode with it on, then go back to third and youll see it.

I know how to get a visible lightsaber in the first few missions, but there's a catch to it: you have to reload the map twice again. Not as in a fast quickload though, I mean a full reload. Do "give all" or whatever and switch to your invisible saber. Then hold down Alt and hti Enter. This will switch the game into windowed mode, and it reloads the map once. When it finishes loading, your saber should be visible. Hit Alt-Enter again, and it will go back to full screen and reload the map again. It's time consuming, but you SHOULD only have to do it once. If I remember correctly, if you do this in the very first mission, you shouldn't have to do it from then on.

The reason it shows up as invisible is because since you're not supposed to have the lightsaber in the first few missions, the game simply doesn't load the model. When you do "give all" and switch to your invisible saber, then switch from full screen to windowed (or vice versa), the game has to reload everything in the level when you switch video modes. It then realizes that you now have a lightsaber, and it loads up the model for it. In the following missions, even though you're not supposed to have the lightsaber in them, the game sees that you have it in your inventory and loads the model for it.

Edit: I didn't clear up something that could be confusing. By doing Alt-Enter, it doesn't restart the map from the very beginning, it just reloads the map and keeps you at the same point in the mission that you were at. You don't have to worry about doing it at the end of a mission and having to restart at the beginning because of it.

There's a much easier way to have your saber visible than the above methods. Type "give all", then switch to your saber. Your saber will be invisible. Now, switch to any weapon that you haven't used yet. The game will pause to load the weapon. After the weapon has loaded, switch back to your saber. It will now be visible.

What's happening is that when the map loads the first time it caches all the weapon models and skins that will be present in that level. When you do a give all, you are introducing weapons that weren't cached.

I was going to say that you don't have to do an Alt-Enter to get everything recached (all you have to do if that is the case is just type in "vid_restart" in the console to restart the video), but as someone pointed out already, all you have to do is pick a different weapon that you just loaded (early on, just go with with rocket launcher) and then switch back.

Essobie

Archived