Home

Seeing new skins in game

Prox Kolari

Hi all. I've downloaded a few skins from here and made my own that I'd want to submit, but I've noticed something -- if I make my own server, I can see my own skin. But if I join another server, all I see are the default skins.

I understand that if the other players don't have my skin, they won't see it, but I can't even see mine on my machine -- once I'm on a server, it's not among the defaults to choose. None of the added skins are. What's going on? I at least want to see my own new skin for myself.

Just put the .pk3 files in the /GameData/Base directory.

That's where I have mine -- like I said, it works except when I connect to a server, my new skins evaporate. I don't need others to see them, *I* want to be able to choose them and see them myself. Why can't I?

In HL, if you're using a model no one else has, they see some plain model. Isn't that how JK2 works?

I believe in JK2 if the server doesn't have the custom skin, you cannot use it.

In HL, I think to add a new skin you replace one of the default models. In JK2, you create new models. If you were just to replace the skins on a default model then I think it would show up.

Archived