Home

Issue with the console

Irate Customer

This isn't directly related to editing, but I think it will affect editing in the future so my is this:

When I hit the Shift+Tilde (~) it opens up. When I punch in "devmap bespin_streets" I get an error stating something about an audio issue with an ok button then sends me back to the main menu. I haven't seen this on the boards and was wondering what it might be concerned with.

Running Win 2000 professional

P4 1.8

256 Rambus

GeForce3 DDR 64 mb

Any ideas?

First of all for davmap to work you have to type helpusobi 1 to activate the cheats then it should work

REgarding the second poster, the only reason it doesn't work is because you must be typing the incorrect map.

It works fine for me

eg devmapall ffa_bespin

This enables cheats on a Free For All Bespin map

Originally posted by D.L.

First of all for davmap to work you have to type helpusobi 1 to activate the cheats then it should work

Sorry D.L. - but thats bollox :D ... and two big dangly ones at that!

helpusobi1 is ONLY used in single player!

however, you are right with the devmap ... to activate cheats, just type in /devmap ffa_bespin (not devmapall)

that'll get em on :) - the map will restart and you will see CHEATS ENABLED on the loadup screen.

Originally posted by scoobz

Sorry D.L. - but thats bollox :D ... and two big dangly ones at that!

helpusobi1 is ONLY used in single player!

however, you are right with the devmap ... to activate cheats, just type in /devmap ffa_bespin (not devmapall)

that'll get em on :) - the map will restart and you will see CHEATS ENABLED on the loadup screen.

The first post was related to Single Player so it's true :)

bespin_streets is a single player map.

:)

dudes, I'm telling you, I type the name of the map and EVERYTHING in multiplayer, and it doesn't do a dang thing, still get that friggin message.

HOWEVER, I do get devmapall to work in singleplayer, and it is far more fun than helpusobi 1, which you have to retype every level. devmapall sets ALL the maps to cheats enabled, at least in my experience. LATUR.

Archived